The Ultimate Guide to Meal Prep
7. Wash green beans or snow peas, trim the ends and store them in the fridge for an easy side dish.
8. Slice or chop onions, double bag them and refrigerate (you can use them in everything from stir-fries to slow-cooker dinners).
9. Rinse lettuce, spin it dry and tear the leaves into pieces for salads all week. Store in a big zip-top bag in the refrigerator, or even in the salad spinner (if you have room for it in your fridge).
10. Wash and dry herbs and store them following these guidelines.
11. Make quick pickles out of cucumbers (it's easier than you think).
12. Make a kale salad or slaw, which you can eat up to five days after preparing.
13. Cut lemons and limes into wedges (later, squeeze them over fish, tacos, breaded and fried chicken or pork cutlets).
14. Spiralize, shred or grate zucchini, carrots or summer squash and refrigerate for a tasty side dish later.
15. Peel and mince garlic, then transfer to a jar and pour in enough olive oil to cover the garlic. Cover and refrigerate. Throughout the week, spoon out as much as you need to cook with.