A: When I asked readers online about makeup, this is how most of you responded. So I e-mailed the terrific makeup artist Matin Maulawizada for an easy routine. You'll need a tinted moisturizer, a cream blush, a neutral eyeshadow base, an eyelash curler, black mascara, and a sheer lipcolor. I'll wait while you get them. You back? Great! Now position yourself in front of a mirror with your tidy stash and follow these directions. It's as easy as 1-2-3 (4-5-6). Let me know how you did.
1. Smooth on the tinted moisturizer to even out your complexion. Apply it the same way you apply untinted moisturizer; a dime-size amount should be enough to dot on cheeks, chin, and forehead. Then blend it in, being sure to smooth it under your jawline and over your neck. (Try Dr. Dennis Gross All-In-One Tinted Moisturizer Sunscreen SPF 15, $44, DGSkincare.com.)
2. Apply the cream blush. Dab a little on the back of your hand (to avoid using too much), pick up some of the color with your third finger, and lightly rub it in a circular motion on the apples of your cheeks, following your cheekbones toward your hairline. To find the right shade, pinch the tip of your finger and match the blush to that color. (I like Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks, $25, BobbiBrownCosmetics.com.)
3. Sweep the neutral eyeshadow base over your lids to camouflage any minor discoloration. (E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer in Sheer, $3, EyesLipsFace.com, is good for this.)
4. Curl your eyelashes. I use celebrity makeup artist Mally Roncal's method: one pump at the base of the lashes, one in the middle, and one at the tips.
5. Apply two coats of black mascara. (L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Power Volume 24H Mascara, $8, drugstores, has lots of pigment and won't clump.)
6. Apply the sheer lipcolor. (Try Becca Sheer Tint Lip Colour, $24, BeccaCosmetics.com, Bite Beauty Honey Lip Lacquer in Gamay, $24, Sephora.com, or Maybelline Baby Lips, $4, drugstores.)
More Beauty Advice from Val Monroe