Fast Fix 3: Make Wet Hair Work
By far the most time-consuming part of hairstyling is the blow-out. Here's how to skip it—and still look put together.
1. Squeeze out excess water with a microfiber towel.
2. Apply a leave-in conditioner to your ends, like L'Oréal Paris EverSleek Humidity Defying Leave-In Crème; it will seal the cuticle and help your style hold its shape.
3. If your cut is chin length or shorter, make a deep side part with a comb and slick the sides down behind your ears. Add a smoothing balm on the crown to keep stray pieces in place.
4. If you have long hair, pull it into a high ponytail near the crown using a fabric elastic. We like the ones from Emi-Jay that don't cause breakage.
5. Wind the tail around the base of your pony to create a bun and secure it with long, rubber-coated hairpins that won't snag.
6. Once your hair has had a few hours to air-dry, let it down. You'll have a head full of body and waves.