Roasted Beet Salad
- 1 pound beets (3 to 4 medium), scrubbed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 small bunch arugula , tough stems removed, well washed and spun dry
- 1 bunch watercress , tough stems removed, well washed and spun dry
- 1 small head Boston lettuce , well washed, spun dry and torn into bite-sized pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Remove from oven and let sit until no longer hot to the touch. Rub off skins and discard. Cut beets into wedges.
In a medium bowl whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons oil, the vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the roasted beets, arugula, watercress, and Boston lettuce and toss to combine.