- Vegetable oil nonstick spray, for the pan
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts , trimmed and lightly pounded to uniform thickness
- Salt and freshly ground pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard , preferably whole grain
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil , divided
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Mix the mustard and honey in a shallow dish. Spread the breadcrumbs in another dish. Dip each breast in the mustard to coat on both sides. Dip both sides of each breast in the crumbs, patting them to adhere. Set aside on a plate.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat until the oil is very hot, but not smoking. Add 2 chicken breasts cook until the undersides coatings are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn and brown the other sides, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and breasts.
Bake the breasts on the baking sheet until they feel firm when pressed in the centers, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.