- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons —about 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil and thyme and parsley and rosemary
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel—use organic lemons
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 (6-8 ounce) trout fillets
Brush the flesh side of the trout with the oil/lemon/herb mixture. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Grill over medium heat, flesh side down about until lightly brown, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn over and brush with more of the oil/lemon/herb mixture. Grill until thoroughly cooked about 2 minutes, depending on thickness of fillet. Remove fillets to plates, skin side down. Heat remaining oil/lemon/herb mixture and drizzle over fish. Serve with fresh lemon wedges.