- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 pound button or wild mushrooms (such as porcini, cremini, shiitake) with stems removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 24 small (1/2-inch-thick) slices country-style bread (preferably ciabatta), toasted
- 1 pound fresh salted buffalo mozzarella , cut into 24 slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
Arrange bread on a large baking sheet. Top each piece with a slice of mozzarella. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Top crostini with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm.