Chilled Oysters on the Half Shell with Watermelon Mignonette Recipe
- 12 oysters , shucked
- 1/2 cup watermelon juice
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 cup champagne
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup peeled, seeded and small diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup brunoise shallots
- 1 Tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. tarragon , chopped fine
Fill a medium-sized bowl with crushed ice, then place the oysters in a circle around the inside of the bowl.
Mix the mignonette well. Serve a tablespoon of the sauce into each oyster. Garnish with chopped tarragon.