- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs (parsley, basil, thyme, mint, tarragon)
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or half-and-half
- 6 to 12 eggs
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese , crumbled fine
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Remove from oven. To avoid breaking yolks, carefully crack 1 or 2 eggs into a separate cup and gently slide them into a heated ramekin. Top eggs with herb mixture and crumbled cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining eggs.
Return to oven and bake 3 to 5 minutes. Eggs should look not quite done; they will continue to cook after removed from oven. Place each ramekin on a plate. Serve immediately with toast.