Vitamin-Boosted Salad with Black Quinoa, Fennel, Avocado and Grapefruit Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups black quinoa
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 2 large pink grapefruit, peeled, white membranes remove and sliced
- 2 small avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and finely sliced with a sharp knife, or a mandoline
- 12 pink radishes, finely sliced with a sharp knife, or a mandoline
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Sea salt and pepper
- Juice of 3 small limes
- 3/4 tsp. ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
Rinse the quinoa and cook it with a kaffir lime leaf, covered, in 2 2/3 cups salted water. When the water is absorbed, stop the heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a bowl, discarding the kaffir lime leaf, to leave to cool.
In the meantime, in a large bowl, combine the slices of grapefruit, avocado, fennel, and radish and toss gently.
Make the dressing by adding ingredients in this order: salt, pepper, lime juice, ginger, olive oil. Emulsify with a small whisk and finish with the heavy cream; keep aside.
Add the quinoa with the feta and parsley to the vegetables and fruit. Toss gently with the dressing and serve.
More Delicious Dinners