Salmon, Fennel and Tarragon Salad Recipe
- 12 ounces skinless salmon fillet, pin bones removed
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/8 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 3/8 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) chopped dill
- 1 tsp. finely grated orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 fennel bulb (1 1/4 pounds), core and stems discarded, very thinly sliced (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup fresh tarragon leaves (13-ounce package)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
Active time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Preheat oven to 400° F. Rub salmon all over with 1/2 Tbsp. oil and season with 1/8 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Place on a nonstick baking sheet and roast until just firm, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, then break fish into large flakes and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix 1/3 cup oil, dill, orange zest and juice, mustard, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Whisk to combine.
Roast corn over stove's gas flame (or on a grill), turning occasionally, until lightly charred all over, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut kernels off cob.
Add corn to dressing bowl along with fennel, tarragon and onion. Stir to combine. Gently fold in reserved salmon and serve immediately.