Reese's Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe
Frosts 20 whoopie pies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (about 20)
To make the frosting, add butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted the whisk attachment. Beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, beat, scraping down the sides as needed, another minute or until there are no streaks. Remove bowl from mixer and using a rubber spatula, fold in the chopped peanut butter cups.
From So Much to Celebrate by Katie Jacobs. Copyright © 2018 by Katie Jacobs. Reprinted with permission by HarperCollins.