Pumpernickel Panzanella Recipe
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1" lengths
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 6 cups pumpernickel cubes 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 bunch watermelon or regular radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
Active time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Arrange 2 oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Preheat oven to 450°.
On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss asparagus, scallions, 2 tsp. oil, and 1/4 tsp. salt; spread in single layer. Bake on lower rack until vegetables are browned and tender, about 15 minutes. On another large rimmed baking sheet, arrange bread in single layer. Bake on upper rack until crisp and dry, stirring once, 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, horseradish, and 1/2 tsp. salt; stir in dill. Add bread and toss, then add roasted vegetables, arugula, and radishes; toss until well combined.
TIP: Give your panzanella extra chew by using focaccia in place of pumpernickel.