Mexican Corn Dip Recipe
Makes 3 cups
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 cups corn kernels (from 4 to 5 ears corn)
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Endive leaves, celery sticks, cucumber spears, or tortilla chips, for serving
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and cook until solids begin to brown, about 2 minutes. Add corn, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese, yogurt, sour cream, ancho chili powder, and salt. Cook until just warmed through, about 1 minute more. Stir in lime juice, cilantro, and more salt to taste.
Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with queso fresco and cilantro and serve warm or at room temperature, with vegetables or chips on the side for dipping.