Roasted Scallion and Chive Dip Recipe
Turshen has a great idea for arugula, too. Check out her Arugula Walnut pesto recipe here.
- 24 scallions, white and light green parts only, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. sherry vinegar, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives, plus more for serving
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- Potato chips for serving, preferably plain or salt-and-vinegar
Total time: 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Put scallions on prepared baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt. Rub scallions to coat with oil and spread into an even layer. Roast, stirring once, until softened and browned in spots, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse scallions, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, chives, and 1/2 tsp. pepper until combined. (Dip should be relatively but not completely smooth.)
Transfer dip to a bowl, top with additional chives, and serve with chips. Dip will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days; if serving dip cold, season again before serving, as cold temperatures tend to mute flavors.