Mango Chicken Salad
- 4 cups arugula (about 2.5 ounces)
- 1 mango , peeled and sliced into 1-inch-long pieces
- 1 red pepper , trimmed, seeded, and sliced into 1-inch-long pieces
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 boneless chicken breast (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
In a shallow, wide bowl, stir together honey and mustard. Add chicken and toss to evenly coat.
Grill chicken over medium-high heat (or cook in a skillet with 2 tsp. olive oil) until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway through. When done, chicken should register about 165° on a meat thermometer, and juices should run clear when pierced with a knife. Transfer to a cutting board and let sit 5 to 7 minutes.
Slice chicken into 1-inch-long pieces. Add to salad; toss to combine. Add balsamic vinaigrette and almonds; toss again before serving.
Note: The color and shape of a mango depend on variety, not ripeness. Whether yellow and S-shaped or red and round, a ripe mango will appear plump, smell sweet at the stem end, and give slightly to the touch.