Let's Redo Lunch: Chilled Peanut Noodles
- 3 Tbsp. smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil or peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti (leftover un-sauced spaghetti works best, but you can use any kind of pasta)
- 1 cup cooked broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber , cut into half-rounds
- 1/2 cup julienned snow peas
- 1/4 bell pepper , sliced into matchsticks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 ounces grilled or roasted chicken , shredded
To make sauce: In a separate bowl, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and toasted sesame or peanut oil. Then add 2 tablespoons water and orange juice to the mix.
To make noodles: Combine spaghetti with broccoli florets, cucumber, snow peas, and bell pepper; toss with sauce. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste. Top with shredded chicken. Refrigerate, or store in a cooler bag with an ice pack, until ready to serve.
Get more creative lunch recipes