Grilled Chicken Paillards with Apple-Celery Slaw Recipe
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1¼ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1¼ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 4 celery stalks, cut into matchsticks
- 3 Tbsp. currants
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken cutlets, pounded ⅓" thick
- 3 ounces (1 cup) shredded sharp cheddar
Total time: 35 minutes
Preheat grill to high. In a large bowl, blend sour cream, 2 Tbsp. mustard, vinegar, 2 tsp. oil, and ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper. Fold in apples, celery, currants, and parsley; set aside.
Season each cutlet with ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper. Spread each side with 1 tsp. mustard and 1 tsp. olive oil. Grill until nicely charred, about 2 minutes, and flip over. Top each cutlet with ¼ cup cheddar, cover grill, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to 4 plates, divide reserved slaw among them, and serve.