Garlic Ginger Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 (1⁄2") piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned (or cut into match sticks)
- 1 red pepper, cored and julienned
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
Total time: 35 minutes
In a large pot, bring water and quinoa to a boil. Add 1 tsp. salt and cook according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
In a small mixing bowl, combine garlic, ginger, sugar, sesame seeds, soy sauce, lime zest and juice, 1/2 cup oil, cilantro, and mint. Set aside.
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tsp. oil and asparagus; cook until lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Season with remaining 1/4 tsp. salt.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together asparagus, carrot, red pepper, cabbage, and quinoa. Fold in half the dressing.
Serve on a platter and garnish with additional cilantro and mint, with remaining dressing on the side.