Corn Cakes with Blueberry-Tomatillo Salsa Recipe
- 1/3 cup of blueberries, halved
- 1 large or 2 small tomatillos, cored and finely chopped (about 6 Tbsp.)
- 3 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 3 Tbsp. crumbled feta
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups corn kernels (from 4 to 5 ears corn)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (about 6 Tbsp.), plus more for garnish
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Active time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
To make salsa: In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients. Set aside.
To make corn cakes: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, paprika, and pepper. Add corn, cheddar, and scallions, and mix well to coat. Add eggs and stir until just combined. Using damp hands and about 1/3 cup corn mixture for each cake, firmly pack together 8 (3"-wide) patties.
In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. oil over medium heat. Arrange half the corn cakes in skillet and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Carefully flip cakes and continue cooking until deep golden brown and cooked through, another 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat process with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and 4 corn cakes.
Arrange corn cakes on 4 plates and spoon salsa over top. Garnish with scallions and serve.