Ted Allen's Crab Cakes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat , picked over
- 4 cups cornflakes
Pulse the cornflakes in a food processor until coarsely ground and put in a shallow dish.
Form one heaping teaspoon of crab mixture into a 1 1/2 inch-diameter cake (mixture will be very moist), then gently dredge in the cornflakes. Make more crab cakes in same manner, transferring them to buttered baking sheets. Chill, covered for at least 1 hour. (Unbaked crab cakes can chill up to 4 hours.)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake the crab cakes in batches in middle of oven until crisp and golden, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer with a spatula to a platter.