This recipe is part of our superfoods menu.
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 14 ounces), scrubbed
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas , drained
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil , plus more for drizzling
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
- Hot sauce or chili sauce , to taste
Rinse chickpeas; place with garlic and salt in a food processor. Scoop out sweet potato flesh (about 1 cup), and add to processor. While motor is running, slowly add olive oil to form a smooth puree.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, and drizzle with extra olive oil and hot sauce (about 1 tablespoon each). Store any leftovers in the refrigerator, and when ready to serve again, bring puree to room temperature and thin with extra olive oil.
Note: If you cannot find a sweet potato, use a yam.