For large batches, see the adjusted measurements at the end of each ingredient line; be sure to adjust all other variables, like using three pans instead of one, accordingly when making a large batch recipe. This recipe is one of O's tasty homemade gifts.
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree (large batch: 2 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar (large batch: 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil or olive oil (large batch: 6 Tbsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract (large batch: 3 Tbsp.)
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (large batch: 6 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom (large batch: 3 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt (large batch: 3 tsp.)
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (large batch: 9 cups)
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans (large batch: 3 cups)
- 1 cup pistachios (optional; large batch: 3 cups)
- 1 cup golden raisins (large batch: 3 cups)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (optional; large batch: 3 cups)
Total time: 45 minutes
Preheat oven to 325°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar, oil, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cardamom, and salt. Add oats, pecans, and pistachios (if using), and toss to coat. Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Stir in raisins and cranberries (if using), and continue baking until oats are just crisp, about 15 minutes more. Stir one last time, then set aside to cool completely. When hard, break into chunks and store in an airtight container.