- 12 small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Maytag blue cheese
- 4 slices applewood-smoked bacon , cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
Once cooled, slice a small piece from the top and the bottom of each potato. Transfer to a medium bowl; toss with oil, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
Place potatoes on a baking sheet. With a paring knife, score top of each potato. Top each with equal amounts of blue cheese and bacon. Bake until cheese melts, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and serve.