Roasted Garlic-Ricotta Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted shallots
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil ' '
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Mix in the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
Place the ricotta cheese and about 1/3 cup of the garlic mixture into a blender. With the blender on, slowly pour in the remaining sauce through the opening in the blender lid; the sauce will thicken.
Transfer the sauce back into the saucepan and stir in the basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
Use the sauce immediately, or cool quickly by setting in a bowl of ice and water. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator or freeze for about 1 month.