Pizzettes with Gorgonzola, Tomato and Basil
- 1 ball (12 ounces) purchased pizza dough
- 5 ounces gorgonzola cheese , crumbled
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes , quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves , torn into pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Roll out the pizza dough into 1/4-inch-thick round. Using a 2 1/4- to 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter, cut out 30 dough circles. Arrange the circles on 2 large, heavy baking sheets. Sprinkle the gorgonzola cheese over the circles. Top with the tomatoes, pressing them gently into the dough. Bake until the pizzettes are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Drizzle the pizzettes with oil, then sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper.
Arrange the pizzettes on a platter and serve immediately.