This recipe is part of our fresh spring dinner party menu.
- 1 pound lentils , rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot , diced
- 1 small onion , diced
- 1 stalk celery , diced
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp. kosher salt , plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper , plus more to taste
- 4 cloves garlic confit | Get the recipe!
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter , softened
Remove from heat; season with dill, salt, and pepper. If desired, add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Mash garlic confit with unsalted butter. Stir into cooked lentils, and serve hot.