- 1 1/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2/3 cup creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in zests and vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add half of dry ingredients, a little at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Add crème fraîche and beat just until smooth. Add remaining dry ingredients and beat just until combined.
Transfer batter to pan and smooth top with a spatula. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until cake tests done in center.
In a medium bowl, stir confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until well combined.
Transfer cake to a wire rack and allow to cool 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan, cool completely on rack, and drizzle with glaze.