Chicken or Turkey Avocado and Apple Wraps Recipe
- 1 bunch green (Swiss) chard or kale, tough stems removed, thoroughly rinsed and spun dry
- 1 cup leftover chicken or turkey breast, cut into strips
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 large apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Freshly grated cinnamon, to taste (optional)
Reserve and set aside 4 large leaves. Finely chop the remaining leaves and steam for 2 to 3 minutes, or enjoy raw, if desired.
Place the whole leaves on work surface and layer chicken or turkey, avocado, and apple evenly onto all 4 leaves. Top with the chopped leaves. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Roll each leaf into a burrito shape and enjoy.
From Paleoista: Gain Energy, Get Lean, and Feel Fabulous With the Diet You Were Born to Eat (Touchstone), by Nell Stephenson.