Cider French Dip Sandwich Recipe
Photo: Sam's Club
This easy-to-make sandwich can be sliced into several sections for a buffet. Double, triple, or quadruple the recipe as needed.Serves 4
- 1 Ambrosia apple, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 1/4 cup red onion, julienne style
- 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 10 oz. roast beef
- 1 French loaf (or 2 sandwich rolls), cut in half and lengthwise
- 2 cups prepared beef bouillon (or well-seasoned beef stock)
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. green Tabasco sauce
Peel the apple and the carrot. Use a cheese grater to shred both in mixing bowl. Add the red onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss lightly and set aside.
In medium saucepan, add the beef bouillon and apple cider. Bring to a boil. Dip the roast beef in the sauce pan for 1 minute (reserve the jus for dipping).
While waiting, toast the bread and mix the mayo and green Tabasco. Spread the mayo mix on the toasted bread and add the roast beef and top with the slaw. Pour the dipping jus in a small bowl; serve with the sandwich.