Thanksgiving Turkey Burger Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tsp. finely chopped thyme
- 2 tsp. finely chopped sage
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 3/4 pounds ground turkey, preferably a mix of dark and white meat, shaped into 4 (4 1/2- to 5-inch) patties
- Canola oil, for greasing grill
- 1/4 pound aged white Cheddar, cut into 4 slices
- 4 hamburger rolls, such as challah buns, split
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
DirectionsTotal time: 45 minutes
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks, celery, thyme, sage, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 7 to 9 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until very tender, 6 to 8 minutes more; set aside.
Season turkey patties all over with remaining 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Carefully grease grill grates with oil, arrange patties on grill, and cook, flipping once, until they reach desired doneness, about 10 minutes. During the last few minutes of cooking, top burgers with cheese and toast buns on grill until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
Combine mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl, then spread on buns. Top with burgers, leek and celery mixture, and cranberry sauce, and serve.
You Can Also Try These Toppings:
- Coleslaw & Gruyère
- Sautéed Mushrooms & Spinach
- Prosciutto & Provolone Cheese