Gluten-Free Cappuccino Ice Cream Cupcakes
Makes 6 cupcakes
- One 12-count box gluten-free sugar ice cream cones, such as Let’s Do...Gluten-Free, finely ground into crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter or dairy-free buttery sticks, melted
- 3 ounces dairy-free semisweet chocolate, plus more for shavings
- 3 cups coffee ice cream or sorbet, softened
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate-covered espresso beans, finely chopped, such as Kopali
- Whipped cream or dairy-free alternative
Place the cone crumbs in a medium bowl and stir in the butter. Divide the crumb mixture among the cups of a 6-cup jumbo muffin pan and press about three-quarters of the way up the sides.
In a small, microwaveable bowl, melt the chocolate at medium power in intervals, stirring occasionally. Top the crumb mixture with the melted chocolate to cover. Freeze for 10 minutes.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the ice cream into each muffin cup. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chopped espresso beans onto the ice cream and flatten with the back of a spoon. Add the remaining ice cream and espresso beans, and flatten. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
Run a knife around the edges of the muffin cups to remove from the pan. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
More Gluten-Free Recipes