Organize a Yard or Garage Sale
Step 1: Upload Your "Before" Photos
The weather is warming up and it's a great time to purge, and the long days are perfect for a yard sale. Don't have a yard? You're not off the hook. Those warm nights can be great for tackling clutter digitally and selling items online.What You'll Need to Get Started:
Upload your photos
Improve Your Chances of Appearing on The Oprah Show!
1. Gather up everything you want to sell at your garage sale and put it in one place. Don't straighten up the mess before you take your "before" photos. The messier, the better!
2. Take a photo from each and every corner of the mess. Get the widest angle possible—the more we see, the better.
3. Get creative! Take a few photos of specific areas of the stuff—your rack of clothes, electronics you want to sell, etc.
4. Make sure the room is well lit. If not, use a flash.
5. Make sure your camera settings are on the highest resolution possible.
6. Turn off the time/date stamp.
7. Don't include anyone in the photos. Rooms only, please!
8. Try not to submit blurry photos. We may not be able to use them.
9. Remember, you can only submit up to three photos, so pick your best ones!
Excerpted from It's All Too Much by Peter Walsh. Copyright ?? 2007 by Peter Walsh. Reprinted by permission from Free Press, a Division of Simon & Schuster, Inc. and How to Organize Just About Everything by Peter Walsh. Copyright ?? 2004 by Peter Walsh. Reprinted by permission from Free Press, a Division of Simon & Schuster, Inc.