Dr. Perricone's No. 8 Superfood: Nuts and Seeds
- When thoughts turn to food between meals, enjoy a handful of raw, unsalted nuts. They're extremely filling and satisfying—and healthful.
- Add some nuts to regular meals—a tablespoon of chopped almonds on your oatmeal, a tablespoon of walnuts in your lunchtime salad or a hazelnut-encrusted grilled salmon fillet. Nuts are so versatile they can take the place of flour and breadcrumbs—with a lot more flavor and health benefits. Just remember, as with all things, to use moderation.
Learn more about the benefits of nuts and seeds:
- Nuts, seeds and heart health
- Nutty, seedy cancer foes
- Nuts and diabetes
- In a nutshell: a rich but slimming snack
- Nuts and seeds in your diet