Turkey Banh Mi Recipe
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. Chinese 5-spice powder (optional)
- 1 1/4 pounds turkey, sliced 1/4 thick 4 (6) pieces French bread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 2 jalapeño peppers, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
DirectionsTotal Time: 15 minutes
In a small saucepan, heat sugar and salt in rice wine vinegar until they dissolve. Mix cucumber and carrots in a medium heatproof bowl, pour in hot vinegar mixture, and let sit for at least an hour.
Preheat grill or grill pan on medium-high heat. In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, and 5-spice powder, if using. Add turkey and toss to coat. Grill each side until lightly caramelized.
In an oven heated to 350°, warm French bread 5 minutes. Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl. Smear sriracha mayonnaise on bread bottoms and layer turkey, drained pickled vegetables, jalapeños, and cilantro leaves. Close bread top and serve.
More Ways to Use Up Your Thanksgiving Leftovers