Spicy Chicken Thighs with Cucumber Avocado Salsa Recipe
Photo: Dara Michalski
The most difficult part of this recipe, says Dara Michalski of Cookin' Canuck, is resisting the urge to toss every other piece of avocado into your mouth while speedily chopping the three main ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber (1/4-inch pieces)
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp. ancho chile pepper
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Make the salsa: In a medium bowl, stir together cucumber, red bell pepper, avocado, lime juice, honey and cilantro. Set aside.
Make the chicken: Preheat broiler and set the oven rack in the upper third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top of the foil.
Lightly coat the rack with cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir together ancho chile pepper, cumin, lime zest, salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs and toss to coat. Space the chicken thighs evenly on the wire rack. Place the chicken under the broiler and cook until the chicken is just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Serve the chicken with the salsa.
More Delicious Dinners