Sesame-Ginger Green Beans
- 1 or 2 handfuls green beans
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. rice syrup or honey
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce (tamari)
To make dressing: Place the dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well to combine.
Arrange the beans on a serving platter and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.
- If you want to serve this as a salad, plunge the steamed beans into iced water, and add some cherry tomatoes and olives. Drizzle with the dressing and serve sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Try a combination of green beans and carrots, or add other vegetables such as zucchini, asparagus or red onion.
- In place of the fresh ginger, you can use finely chopped pickled ginger (sushi ginger) in the dressing.
- You can sprinkle this dish with toasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds, pine nuts or slivered almonds instead of the sesame seeds.