Scallion-Soy-Glazed Salmon with Crispy Garlic Coconut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil , plus additional for grill
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 cup chopped fresh scallions , green part only
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
To prepare salmon: In a medium bowl, combine sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, vinegar and half of chopped scallions. Place salmon fillets in a shallow baking dish and pour half the soy sauce mixture over them. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat remaining half of soy sauce mixture and reduce to a syrupy glaze, 2 to 3 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
Heat grill to medium-high. Remove salmon from marinade and pat dry. Brush salmon with additional olive oil and grill 3 minutes; turn and brush with reserved glaze. Continue grilling until just opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer salmon to a platter and brush with any additional glaze. Garnish with remaining scallions and serve with creamy coconut risotto.