This recipe comes from the delicious Miami Beach Party Menu created by one of the most exciting Latin chefs working today.
- 1 small- to medium-size ripe pineapple , peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large English (seedless hothouse) cucumber , cut into chunks
- 3 cups (24 ounces) pineapple-cucumber puree
- 12 Tbsp. superfine white sugar
- 6 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- Sweet aged balsamic or regular balsamic
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) sparkling wine , such as cava or prosecco
- 1 large English (seedless hothouse) cucumber , cut into 12 sticks (optional)
To make pineapple-cucumber puree: Put pineapple and cucumber chunks in a blender. Add a pinch of salt, and puree in batches, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
To make mojitos: In each of 12 tall glasses, put 2 ounces pineapple-cucumber puree, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 ounce lime juice, 2 sprigs mint, and a dash of balsamic. Muddle.
Fill glasses with ice and top with sparkling wine. Stir well; garnish each with a cucumber stick and straw.
Adapted from Michy's restaurant and Cuisine à Latina by Michelle Bernstein. Copyright © 2008 (with permission from Houghton Mifflin).