Egg-Topped Pita Pizza Recipe
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups chopped Swiss chard, stems removed
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. pesto (such as Spinach-Pepita Pesto)
- 2 whole grain pitas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Fontina
- 2 eggs
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Preheat oven to 425°. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add Swiss chard, salt, and pepper and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
On a baking sheet, spread 1 1/2 Tbsp. pesto on each pita. Top each with half the sautéed chard and 1/4 cup cheese. Make a little well in the center and gently crack 1 egg in each. Drizzle additional pesto on top to taste. Bake until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still loose, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.
More Pita Recipes