- Sustain your relationship with your adult daughter. In some ways it doesn't matter how you do it, it's just important that you do it.
- Be respectful of her schedule and lifestyle if you want to be included in her life.
- Say what you need and want. During this transition time, you can repair a broken relationship with your daughter or begin a new one.
- Let your daughter know you love her no matter what.
- Maintain your role as the mom. Mother trumps best friend every time.
Published on September 16, 2009