An Excerpt from Too Close for Comfort? Questioning the Intimacy of Today's New Mother-Daughter Relationship
- Encourage, support, and, once again, bite your tongue!
- Continue to nurture your daughter. Being a new mother is very stressful.
- Provide a comforting and friendly ear.
- Provide kind and reassuring attention.
- Assist and help when you can.
- Speak up if you see a threat to your grandchild's safety. At times your advice will be welcome. But you may have to remind yourself from time to time that you've had your turn!
- Enjoy your grandchildren!