What have professional organizers found when de-cluttering homes? Brace yourself.
Courtesy of professional organizers Kathi Burns, Nancy Heller, Jennifer Hunter, Heather Lambie, Noelle Micek, Sande Nelson, Barbara Reich, Jacquie Ross, and Amanda Wiss.
Decluttering Inspiration Galore
- A paperweight depicting break-dancing slugs
- Four garbage bags of human hair
- A collection of hundreds of broom handles
- More than 1,000 containers of lip gloss
- The skeleton of a pet turtle
- A joint left over from the 1960s
- An unopened bottle of penicillin that had expired in 1954
- A yellow plastic tooth filled with baby teeth
- A seven-foot-tall mannequin dressed like a Pilgrim, with a fake goose head and neck
- $12,500 in change
- 75 antique dolls, all of which were missing eyes, limbs, or hair
- A 20-year-old retainer