Mulled Apple Cider
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 lemon
- 3 sticks (3 inches) cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 quart pure apple cider
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Orange slices, for garnish
Combine the apple cider, orange and lemon juice, brown sugar and spice packet in a medium nonreactive saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Ladle into cups and garnish with the orange slices. Serve hot.