The Music Matters
This is your party's backbeat, so if your collection is less than stellar, why not ask your invitees to bring their own iPods or CDs? Hire a DJ or, says Rafanelli, just play these five albums over and over:
- After the Playboy Mansion, by Dimitri from Paris ("Great pop, loungy and cool")
- Samba Soul 70! ("Cocktail, not totally authentic samba")
- Ultra Chilled 01 ("A great house-y feel, but sophisticated enough so that if you're 55 you won't be turned off")
- Waltz for Koop by Koop ("Remixed waltzes, which sounds dreadful, but it's pretty cool")
- Verve Remixed ("Modern spin to jazz classics").