Hard Smoked Eggs
2. Place the eggs in a saucepan that will hold them in an even layer.
Pour in just enough water to cover and stir in the salt.
Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Cover and remove from the heat. Let sit, covered, for 12 minutes.
Remove the lid and put the eggs under cold running water for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the eggs from the water.
Roll each egg on the table to crack the shell. The shell should remain intact, but be cracked. Set the eggs back in the carton.
4. Place the carton of eggs with the top open in the cooker for 1 hour.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl toss the chives and scallions with the lemon juice, followed by the celery salt.
6. Remove the eggs from the cooker.
When cool enough to handle, but still warm, peel the eggs.
Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and arrange on a plate. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the chive mixture.
From Serious Barbecue by Adam Perry Lang. Copyright © 2009. Published by Hyperion. Available wherever books are sold. All rights reserved.