Whether you're attending the Oscars® or throwing your own soiree, make sure your face is red carpet ready with Sonia Kashuk's makeup secrets!
- Start Fresh: On the morning of the big event, wash your face with a gentle exfoliating facial cleanser to create a smooth surface.
- Set the Stage: Now that you have picture-perfect skin for that extra dose of glow, apply my Repair Vitamin Enriched Serum. Then apply your moisturizer to prep your skin for makeup application.
- Be Flawless: Get ready for your close-up by applying concealer where needed. Blend lightly with a nylon concealer brush or your fingertip to camouflage any shadows and blemishes. Next, lock in your foundation with a light dusting of sheer, loose powder using a fluffy powder brush. You don't want to matte the skin—you just want to make sure your makeup stays put.
- Set the Tone: To give yourself the most polished and complimentary application, look at your hair color, as well as your outfit. You want your makeup to compliment you—not clash. I always recommend that when selecting colors you match it to your hair color rather than your skin tone. If you want to cut out the guesswork of color coordinating, try my new Face Palettes, which I personally color-coordinated for you! Lastly, sweep the appropriate colored blush onto the apples of the cheeks for a radiant, healthy, picture-perfect look.
- Love your Lashes: For scene-stealing eyes, long, lush lashes are a must. Thankfully, today's false eyelashes are natural-looking and easy to apply. Try my newest Demi-Lash Kit to complete the look.
- Luscious Lips: A spotlight-stealing smile begins and ends with neatly applied lipstick or gloss. To ensure that your lipstick won't bleed, use a colorless liner that will prevent feathering. Then apply your lipstick or gloss. If you are going for the consummate old Hollywood Glam look—the matte red lip is always a classic. If you choose to focus in on your eyes and go for a sexy, smoldering look, a lighter lip is always a better choice. And here's another makeup artist trick: for the ultimate award-winning pout, dab a touch of pale shimmering gloss in the center of your bottom lip to add volume and shine.
- Purse Essentials: Make sure to pack a pressed powder and gloss for quick touch-ups in your evening bag.
- Keep it Classic: Think old Hollywood classics when doing your makeup. Sometimes, keeping it understated and refined is actually the most glamorous.