Meditate or Pray
TAKE ACTION TODAY
- Find a quiet place to be still.
- Take deep breaths to help you relax.
- Meditate or pray.
- With a clearer mind, journal your thoughts and insights.
- Make meditation or prayer a part of your daily life.
- Meditation and prayer shift brain activity from the stress-prone right frontal cortex to the calmer left frontal cortex.
- Slowing the breathing rate to 6 breaths per minute synchronizes breathing with cardiovascular rhythms resulting in enhanced cardiac health.
- Physiological benefits of prayer and meditation include anti-aging, deep rest, decreased blood pressure, higher skin resistance, and easier breathing.
- Psychological benefits include increased brain-wave coherence, greater creativity, decreased anxiety and depression, improved learning and memory, and increased happiness and emotional stability.
- The longer an individual practices meditation, the greater the likelihood that there will be a shift toward personal and spiritual growth.