Let Go of Worry and Exercise Your Focus
Exercise #1: Get Your Toxic Worry Under Control
1. Never worry alone—Talking to somebody immediately reduces toxicity of the worry.
2. Get the facts—Most toxic worry is rooted in lack of information or wrong information.
3. Make a plan—Don't be passive about dealing with what's worrying you.
Exercise #2: Exercise Your Focus
1. Take five minutes to write a detailed description of the house you grew up in (doing so pulls on your remote memory).
2. Take two pens and two pieces of paper, then with your right hand (going in a clockwise direction), draw a triangle. With your left hand (going in a counter-clockwise direction), draw a square. Once you've mastered that, try to do the same thing—making the same shapes on the floor with your feet (doing so pulls on your immediate focus).
Listen to Dr. Berman's advice
See all of Dr. Berman's sex homework assignments