Your Backstage Pass to Oprah’s Lifeclass at Megafest Sweepstakes
ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY/RELEASE OF LIABILITY/PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED. ONLINE ENTRY ONLY AND INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. IF THE WINNER IS A CANADIAN RESIDENT, A MATHEMATICAL SKILL-TESTING QUESTION MUST BE CORRECTLY ANSWERED TO WIN. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
BY ENTERING OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility. The Your Backstage Pass to Oprah’s Lifeclass at Megafest Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding residents of Quebec), who are at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in the entrant’s state, province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, directors and officers of OWN: OWN Digital LLC (“Sponsor”), Harpo Productions, Inc., T. D. Jakes Ministries, Inc. and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors, co-promotion partners and any other prize suppliers (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members are defined as spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. Additionally, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct background checks on the potential winner and the potential winner’s companion, as a condition to receipt of the Trip Prize (defined below). Winner and winner’s selected companion must first submit to such background check and cooperate with Sponsor in any way that Sponsor requests in order to be eligible to receive the Trip Prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any winner and/or winner’s companion based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion that awarding the Trip Prize to such winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor.
2. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes begins on or about 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on July 23, 2013 and ends at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on August 9, 2013, subject to extension by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion (the “Entry Period”). There is one (1) method of entry for this Sweepstakes, as follows:
Online Entry. To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Entry Period, potential entrants may enter by visiting https://www.oprah.com/lifeclasssweeps (the “Website”), becoming a registered member of the Website (which is free) and opting in to the OWNers program as part of the registration process. In order to become a registered member of the Website entrants will be asked to provide certain information which may include, among other things, his/her full name, address (no P.O. Boxes), e-mail address, gender, date of birth and related registration information as prompted. Entrant must complete and submit the entry form with all required information for the entry to be eligible.
Limit of one (1) entry per person during each Entry Period will be accepted. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entries originating at any other website are not permitted and may be disqualified. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, an online entry is “received” when the Website’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message or delivery confirmation) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes. The Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) campaign, contest or sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects.
3. Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. There will be one (1) winner selected in this Sweepstakes. The potential winner will be selected through a random drawing on or about August 12, 2013 from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and of selection of the winner. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winner will be final. The potential winner will be notified using the information provided during entry by either e-mail or telephone (the method selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion) in a commercially reasonable time after the drawing, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of an e-mail or placing a phone call. A potential winner who provides a P.O. Box may be required to provide an alternative address and this may cause a delay in notification and acceptance so use of a P.O. Box is discouraged. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential winner, if any.
The potential winner and the potential winner’s travel companion will be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the “Affidavit”) and return the Affidavit within twenty-four (24) hours of notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize. If a potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within twenty-four (24) hours of notification or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner may be disqualified (such disqualification to be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Additionally, the potential winner will be required to submit to a background check before being deemed eligible to receive their Trip Prize (defined below). Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual whose background check reveals information that is inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate (which may be determined by Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion). Non-compliance with the requirements set forth in this paragraph shall result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate potential winner. Parents or legal guardians of a winner under the age of majority in their state or province of residence (which is eighteen  in most states and provinces but is nineteen  in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one  in Mississippi) may be required to also sign the Affidavit in order for a winner to be qualified to receive their prize. If the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if the potential winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected at random. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winner or if potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent.
4. Odds. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize(s) and Values. Sponsor will be awarding one (1) “Trip Prize” consisting of: (i) two (2) round-trip economy/coach airline tickets for the winner and one (1) companion via a Sponsor-selected air carrier(s) from a major commercial airport selected by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; (ii) a two (2) night hotel stay (one  standard room based on double occupancy) for the winner and one (1) companion in Dallas, Texas; (iii) two (2) Tickets to Oprah's Lifeclass at Megafest on August 29, 2013; and (iv) four hundred United States Dollars (USD$400) for incidentals during the trip. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) for the Trip Prize is four thousand five hundred and fifty United States Dollars (USD$4,550). Actual retail value of Trip Prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. All travel arrangements must be made through the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee. Certain restrictions and black out dates may apply. The winner of the Trip Prize must travel as and when designated by Sponsor or the Trip Prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner randomly selected.
The Trip Prize winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents, including visas and valid passports, if and as applicable. It is the responsibility of the Trip Prize winner and his or her travel companion to provide proper documentation (including government issued picture identification). All aspects of the travel portions of the Trip Prize must be conducted on such dates as determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion. The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel route and select hotels in their sole and absolute discretion. The Trip Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. The round trip air transportation element for the Trip Prize begins and ends at the point of departure. The Trip Prize is subject to seat and hotel availability, as well as Sponsor’s terms and conditions generally applicable thereto. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to Trip Prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the Trip Prize winner.
Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any Trip Prize-related services or accommodations. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the Trip Prize winner at the time of Trip Prize notification. Trip Prize winner and his or her travel companion are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. The Trip Prize winner may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in. Travel companion of Trip Prize winner must be at least the age of majority in their state or province of residence (which is eighteen  in most states and provinces but is nineteen  in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one  in Mississippi) as of the date of departure. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Once a travel companion is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by Sponsor’s transportation carrier(s) of choice. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of any Trip Prize package, and are solely the Trip Prize winner’s responsibility, including, but not limited to: hotel taxes, additional ground transportation at the Trip Prize winner’s destination(s), travel insurance, room service, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, tips, gratuities and service charges. Transportation carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, and any changes made to either of these will be at the expense of the Trip Prize winner. If, for whatever reason, the event associated with the prize is cancelled after the prize is awarded, Sponsor’s liability for the prize is limited only to the non-event portions of the prize. No compensation will be paid in lieu of the cancelled event. The winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring the tickets unless Sponsor consents in writing.
The Trip Prize is non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All Trip Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Trip Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize provider’s rules and restriction. In the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the winner with the Trip Prize, or any portion therefor,
Sponsor may elect to provide the winner with the approximate value of such Trip Prize, or such portion thereof, in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. All prize(s) are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize(s) they receive, regardless of whether they, in whole or in part, are used. The AVR of the prize(s) is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner, if a U.S. resident, may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize(s) will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which he or she resides, in the name of his or her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the prize(s) received. If any potential winner is a Canadian resident he/she will be required to answer a time-limited skill-testing question without assistance, in order to be eligible to receive a prize. Unclaimed prize(s) will be forfeited. Prize(s), if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prize(s). In the event a winner (and/or his or her companion) engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor or any prize provider in its or their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early. If the winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize.